Monday, February 11, 2008

Are all ps2 games in full screen?

May be...

  • I want to play some ps2 games on my new widescreen dlp tv from my ps3 but they all seem to be in full screen with black bars on the sides. It either stays like this or I could stretch the picture to fill the screen. There probably isn't a way to solve this but I just want to make sure that these games have to be played with the black bars or stretched. Thanks a lot.
  • If you go into your ps2's settings, you can change the default aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. That will allow you a full-screen picture when you're in broswer mode.



    unfortunately this default doesn't carry over when you load a game. Some games support widescreen, some don't. Those that do will have options in-game for switching over to widescreen.



    God of War does have widescreen, but it isn't very good. It is not quite 16:9 and will give you black on the sides anyway. But it does have progressive scan support. If you haven't already, look at your games in 480p if they support it. It looks much, much better. You'll forget about the black bars.
  • When I play PS2 games on my PS3 with my HDTV, I have to use the T.V. remote control to set the picture to 16:9 aspect ratio so that the game fills up the entire screen.
  • I know God of War II lets you play in 16:9. Some of the newer PS2 games should have a 16:9 option.
  • Some games do have a widescreen option like Socom 3 for example. It just depends on the game but most do display in full screen only.
  • No comments: