Friday, February 29, 2008

Suggestions here? dumb or not?

May be...
  • I have a ps2(got it a few months ago) because I couldn't afford the PS3. NOW I can afford the PS3.



    So



    Should I buy the PS3 and give the ps2 to my brother? Why or why not?



    I couldn't find any PS2 games I wanted to play.Other than a few. Does the games get better in PS3?
  • Yes there are "better" games on the PS3, at least there are games that are just not possible on the PS2 but if you could only find a few games that you wanted to play you may still be disappointed. The PS3 offers increased speed, resolution and capacity but it doesn't have anywhere near the choices the PS2 has.



    I gave my brother my PS2, when I got the PS3 and he just whined continuously about how I had given him a "runt" of a console and it wasn't fair that I had the PS3... so I guess it depends upon your Brother!
  • I'd recommend checking out the PS3 section at a video game store and see if there's something you'd like. The games are going to be similar because they're the same company, and you're going to have a lot of "updates" of games from the PS2.
  • Some playstation 3's don't play PS2 games, so make sure your PS3 plays PS2 games. You can't really get much for PS2's resale, so I would either give it to someone for their birthday, or if you want to give to your brother for the heck of it. Ebay has some for like 40 or 50 bucks, so.
  • The PS2 has an amazing library of games, and most can be found used in game stores for just a few dollars. There are literally thousands. If you cannot find something you like, you will probably not be very happy with PS3 which has just a fraction of the number available for ps2.
  • You should give it to your brother and then get the ps3!!

    There are exclusive games that are coming out soon Eg,

    HAZE

    LittleBigPlanet

    Afrika

    Heavyrain

    Eight Days

    Prototype

    Amphibian Man

    Buzz! Quiz TV

    Driver

    inFamous

    And there just a few!

    All them games are going to be exciting, fun and of course, Exclusive!

    So go for the PS3, You won't regret it!
  • I say keep your PS2. There are no more backwards compatible PS3s anymore and there are like a billion good games for the PS2 you can't play anywhere else. I would give mine away. If you can't decide let your brother borrow it from time to time. If he's irresponsible with it like mine is you'll make the right decision.
  • Brandon is wrong. There are still backwards compatible ps3's. They are just a bit harder to find since 1 of them (the 60 gig) is discontinued and the other (80 gig) is not in stock because of a bundle update. If you really need a ps3 right now buy online, but if you can wait, just buy one in June when the new 80 gig comes out with MGS4 and a Dualshock 3.

    That being said, just give your brother the ps2 if you get a backwards compatible Ps3. If you go with a 40 gig, keep the ps2 and tell him to GTFO.
  • do what the first guy said or get a xbox 360. ignore the thumb down rating.
  • get a wii
  • No comments: