Sunday, March 16, 2008

PS3 A/V cable?

May be...
  • My friend has got a ps3 and I was going to get one too but my tv isn't HD like his. So we brought his ps3 over to mine and tried the scart cable that came with it. However nothing appeared on the screen on 3 TV's I tried in my house. All my TVs are fairly recent (2000's) but are not HD. Can I still play a PS3 with a different cable? Or do I need a new Tv? Please help! Thanks.
  • You can play a PS3 on any kind of tv, regardless of HD or not. Ok so you said your friends ps3 was HD, and you brought it into your home correct?



    Well then his PS3 is set for either 720p or 1080p HD. SD (regular tv) is set at 420p, so the resolutions are different. What you do is plug in the PS3 like you usually do, but hold the on button for 5 seconds until you hear 2 beeps. 1 beep when it turns on, and another beep for it to "Reset fully" to its natural state, which would be 420p. and there you go...you will see picture.
  • its probably not the cable.. its probably the display settings on his ps3... try turning it on by pressing and holding the start button on the ps3.. that should do it for you
  • u can play a ps3 on a standard def tv u just have to change the ps3 settings
  • No comments: