Thursday, May 22, 2008

PS3 DNS Error 80710102 - How do you correct this error?

May be...
  • I normally find that server errors can be fixed with rebotting both my PS3, and router. (Wireless) If this does not work, try to reboot the Modem as well. For wired connection, try this - Your ISP provider typically gives its customers several DNS IP's and these are stored in your router in the setup menus, usually on the very first page. The ps3 automatically gets the top two DNS IP's and stores them in your network config menus. If, by chance, your 1st DNS IP goes dark and is not recognized by your internet provider, then typically, the client (usually a pc) attached to the router uses the next one down the list, so no problem. BUT, with the sony ps3, there is a problem. The ps3 does not go to the second stored DNS IP. The solution to this problem, if it happens to any of you, is to manually enter your DNS IP's, but reverse their order of importance. Once I did this, I had no problems and internet activity returned as usual. I did a search on Sony's tech support forums and found countless people having similar issues. Hopefully, Sony will fix this annoyance in a firmware upgrade, in order to utilize the second DNS entry but who knows?
  • I had the same problem yesterday, but I after changed the settings in share media options and allowed PS3 to access my shared files, it worked. You have to wait a few minutes before PS3 shows up on your share media option in wmp 11. Now I am able to copy music from some shared folders, but not the pictures. I am able to view them, but not copy any of the pictures. Any idea how to copy pictures over to PS3 thru wireless nw?
  • No comments: