Saturday, July 26, 2008

How long is an average ps3 estimated to last before it breaks?

May be...
  • not sure, but ive had my ps2 for a long time and its fine..if its in a good environment and not played to long and burn up, ill say over 10 yers
  • If you follow all of the directions for keeping the PS3 clean, it will last a long long time. I have had one since it first came out and it's going fine. It's still like it's right out of the box.



    PS3 also has a very small failure rate when compared to the 30% of XBox 360.



    Some things to keep in mind when handling the PS3:



    1) Keep in an open space. Don't have it right up against the wall because the hot air will just come back in on it.



    2) Keep the PS3's outside dust free. Just take a small cloth and wipe the outside and clear the vents.



    3) Don't turn the PS3 off on the back switch while the system is still running. Put it in standby mode first.



    4) Always follow the directions listed with the PS3 and do not turn it upside down. Standing it vertical does help ventilate it a little more.



    Follow those rules and the PS3 will last you this whole console generation and longer.
  • If you take care of it and don't abuse it, it will last a lifetime! Just look at the ps3's predecessors there are still people playing ps1s and especially ps2 now. With good care they will last for a very long time. I still have an Atari that works and on occasion I take it out and give it a whirl, and that was from the 70's era. Hope this helps you and have fun gaming!!
  • Based on my experience with the previous incarnations---until the PS4.



    I had a PS1...that was trouble free til I got my PS2 on launch day. My PS2 lasted until the PS3 launch. No problems beyond using compressed air to blow dust out of the tray and fan a few times.



    Sony makes solid products.
  • I have had mine over one year,used daily average of three hours,and it has been working flawlessly.
  • gta san andreas broke my ps2 but my ps1 works still. i got it in 1995 but i have to flip it upside down for it to work
  • it will only break if you break it or if u play so much you burn it
  • 10+ years if kept in a well environment.
  • Take care of it and it will live longer than Dick Clark.
  • until the ps4 comes out if its kept nicely
  • No comments: