Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Did you switch out the hard drive on your PS3? ?

May be...
  • I've read that it is very common since PS3's use a standard Seagate laptop-sized HD.



    Is it worth it? Would it mostly be for movies, games, pictures, demos? Does it matter if it's formatted to NTFS or FAT(32).



    Just curious since the option is there.
  • The PS3 allows for additional HDDs via USB.

    You can plug in anything from 1GB to 320GB,or 1TB.

    The PS3s HDD is a 2.5" SATA HDD,if you want,get a same dimension,but higher capacity and change it,so you would not need to plug it via USB port.

    You MUST have it in FAT32 format,otherwise PS3 will not recongnise it.



    I haven't got a PS3 yet,I'm getting my 40GB in November,and most probably get a 100GB HDD for it,for my videos and songs.
  • No comments: