Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What is the Smallest Hard Drive you can put in your PS3?

May be...
  • I am asking this because I got a PS3 for free because it don't have a Hard Drive. I have a old IBM think pad 770 E with an old 8.1 STA GB HD and want to see if the PS3 Just needs an HD.



    I don't want to have to go out an buy a new Hard Drive if my PS3 is busted beyond my repair and I don't want to brake my PS3 more if the think pad HD is to small and all that the PS3 needs is an HD.
  • As long as its a 2.5" SATA it'll physically fit in the PS3. so it cant hurt to try, though 8GB may be on the small side, mainly when you satart palying gmaes that need installs, they can take up 6GB in size in some cases, so youll have to install the game, play it, then delete it before palying the next game, which could be a pain in the ***..



    hardrives are very chepa nowdays anyway, so i would suggest buying one. And if the PS3 doesnt work, you can put it in a hard drive enclosure and use it as a portable hardrive.
  • your ps3 most likely won't take that old hard drive.



    there's no limit on size, as long as its compatible, and most notebook harddrives today are compatible
  • that hard drive probably won't work on the ps3 even though it is compatible with most SATA hds.
  • No it won't work because Ps3 takes 2.5 SATA HDD not 8.1 HDD.



    Thanks
  • No comments: