Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New or used ps2? Which one?

May be...
  • My ps2, which has served me well for 5 years now died out on me yesterday. I've been thinking about getting a new one for 130 bucks. The thing that really sucks is that I just bought an 80 gig ps3 the week after christmas, which doesnt play ps2 games, only ps3.



    A used ps2 is about 60-70 dollars. And the new slim version is 130 dollars. Which one should i go for?
  • I've heard from a magazine that PS2 games are stopping production this year, near the end. However, since many PS2 games are timeless classics you should just buy a new PS2 since you should NEVER buy a used console. I'll give you a link to a few stores that have really good deals on PS2 consoles.



    http://www.game.com.au/ConsoleDeals/Play...

    http://ebgames.com.au/PS2/product.cfm?ID...

    http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/sony/play...
  • ok, the 80 gig ps3 cant play ps2 games.

    therefore, i would suggest you to get the used slim ps2 as its much quiet than the thick one, evn if it doesnt have an expansion bay for hard drive, but it does has the ethernet port.
  • The newer version 80gb aren't backwards compatible. Only the older 60gb PS3s are. I would buy a used PS2 because why are you still holdin on to old technology? Sentimental reasons?
  • i say get a used...u dont really need 2 ps2 since u got a ps3...but it is always nice goin bac 2 a ps2..but i mean dont spend 130 bucks on a ps2 when u got a ps3..get the used one.
  • Ps3 SHOULD be backwards compatible for PS2 games, unless you have burnt games...
  • No comments: