Monday, March 30, 2009

Help with changing my ps3 hard drive?

May be...
  • I want to change my 80gb ps3 hard drive for a new 500gb hard drive. Can i get any 2.5 inch 5400 RPM hard drive like these i've looked at on amazon.com

    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-50... http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-ST9500325A...

    or does it have to be a real specific hard drive? my friends say that the seagate momentus works really well but i'm not to sure, i want to get more opinions before i make my decision.
  • as long as you get 2.5" SATA with no more than 5400rpm then you should be fine. The original hard drive that comes with the PS3 is a Seagate so if you want a Seagate than go for it. I upgraded mine with a drive form Pine so really any should do.
  • Any hard drive will work as long as it is 2.5" SATA (laptop) hard drive. Brand and speed don't matter. However higher speeds do not result in quicker launch speed of games, etc.
  • All you need is a 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM hard drive. I think you can use a 7200 RPM hard drive, but you do risk overheating.
  • Well its has to be 2.5 in 5400 RPM, if RPM is higher, it will damage system
  • Anyone as long as it is SATA. Get anything over 5400rpm and you could fry your PS3.
  • No comments: