Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm replacing my broken PS3. Will I need to reformat my old HDD?

May be...
  • My PS3 got the yellow light of death. I called Sony to send it in for repairs. I'm not (any neither are they) sure whether or not I will be getting my broken PS3 back or if they will send me another refurbished system instead.



    I have tons a saved game files that i really do not want to lose...



    I took out my HDD and am sending them the PS3 with another HDD with nothing on it.



    Say they send me a different PS3...can I put my already formatted HDD (and it's working I know this) in the new PS3? Or will it force me to reformat again?
  • ooh that's a good question.. i guess you have to risk it, i'm pretty sure you can save that stuff onto a flash drive, but i'm not sure. I wouldn't think you'd have to reformat it, you didn't have to when you got the original, because it was already formatted, and since this one is already formatted it shouldn't. I'd ask in a computer section as well, as a HDD question just to get further opinions
  • It WILL force you to reformat it. If you have external HDD and saved your data on their then you can get it back if it was original HDD it WILL have to be formatted again
  • No comments: