Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can my ps3 connect to wi-fi from one floor away?

May be...
  • my playstation 3 is in my basement and i have a modum for wi-fi on my first floor. can it connect to the wi-fi from my basement? i have an adapter that i use for my computer to get on-line in the basement to strengthen the signal, if it doesnt auto connect could i use that?
  • Yes, your wireless router will send out a strong enough wi-fi signal that your PlayStation 3 can connect up to. Usually a wireless router sends out a signal that can be connected to by at least 25 feet away. Depending on how fast a connection your router sends out or how much of a range it has you might experiance laggy online play and slow download speeds off the PS Store. If you do you might try moving your PS3 as close as it can possibly be to your router.



    Hope this helps.

    PSN: dannymartini
  • most likely. its only one floor and i bet the ps3 has a strong wifi detector. I have a wireless router on my main floor and i can get a signal on my ipod touch from all the way down the street. so i bet a larger device can get a connection from 1 floor away.
  • it can connect from 30 floors away, it just depends on the signal from the adapter... and by the way, have fun
  • No comments: