Thursday, May 28, 2009

I recently bought a ps3 and ordered an HDMI cord from a good site online. I connected my ps3 and hdmi without?

May be...
  • problem. I noticed today that when I went to play a demo I downloaded that the screen went black and my display thing at top of my hdtv (sony bravia 32" lcd tv) popped up and instead of it saying the resolution it was in and the audio and input info it said "190X1080/6HZ" and then after about a minute or so the picture came back and all was back to normal. Later I had the same thing happend but I had to change the input and come back to the input that I have the ps3 hooked up to, which happens to be "HDM1" and the picture was fine again. My question is...is this something I should be concerned about or is this simply just an HDMI "thing"? Thanks in advance
  • it is normal. what the PS3 does is it adjusts itself to the native resolution of the game. If you switch between games with different resolution (say 720p, 1080p), the PS3 will adjust itself and and in so doing, the signal will be lost for a while and your TV will go black (because there is no signal and the PS3 is switching resolution). 1900x1080 is a full HD resolution and 60Hz is the maximum refresh rate of your TV. Nothing to worry about.
  • * Make sure the system is off.

    * Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.

    * That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.
  • Get out of them game. Go to Home. Get to settings and look for HDMI. Check if resolustion is auto and do a test. It should work after that
  • check and make sure when u go back, go to setting and then go to display and make sure its set to hdmi and the resolution is set to auto
  • No comments: