Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I have some questions regarding PlayStation 3 Accessories.?

May be...
  • I want to buy a PS3 for the upcoming game Final Fantasy XIV (14) a MMORPG from Square-Enix. I want to have a PS3 that can run the game really well. I want the PS3 to be internet ready (no not wireless; it is wired *an option to use wireless would be nice though.*) I want to have a keyboard and mouse if that is possible. I used a keyboard with my PS2 so I know it is possible for keyboard but mouse too? Dunno. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?... can I use that with a PS3? Anything else would be appreciated, thanks.
  • As stated, the PS3 is ready to be hooked up to the internet straight from the box... wired or wireless, nothing additional to buy. As far as FF14, it may or may not be compatible with a keyboard or mouse.



    With all of that said, any bluetooth or USB keyboard and mouse should work with the PS3. If you want to make sure the keyboard and mouse work with the PS3, then get the bluetooth Logitech Media Board Pro ( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?... ). I have this board and it works great, both the keyboard and the mouse. The only complaint you may have with it is the letters will eventually come off. If you need the letters on the keyboard in order to use it (I don't), then I would suggest getting some clear fingernail polish and putting it over the letters before using the keyboard... this will keep the letters from coming off over time. The keyboard does take two AA batteries, and I can use the keyboard for a couple of months before I need to change the batteries out. I use rechargeable batteries, but if you don't have rechargeable, you won't have to worry about going through batteries that much, unless you use the keyboard everyday, eight hours a day.



    FF14 will probably use a headset (might have keyboard capabilities like LittleBigPlanet), so if you don't have a headset, I would invest in one of these as well.
  • If final fantasy needs a keyboard, I'm sure Sony wouldn't require people to buy a bulky keyboard and instead, utilize the wireless bluetooth keypad attachment for the DS3. You can use any USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse with a PS3 but mostly just for chatting or internet purposes. Keybds are not yet 100% compatible with games.



    PS3s are designed to be wireless (that's also the reason for having wireless controls) and the wired connection is the option if you don't have wireless network at home.



    Actually, if final fantasy is coming out in PC platform, just buy a PC version game and use your keybd and mouse. That is, if it is coming out in PC platform. I'm sure the graphics would be the same.
  • Any PS3 console will be able to run the game. And all models will be able to run it equally well. There will be no difference. So you can get the cheapest PS3 bundle you can find, and still get the full experience.



    The PS3 is internet ready right out of the box. It has wireless LAN as well as a wired ethernet port.



    As for your mouse and keyboard combo: I think the keyboard could be used for chatting, but as the game is not ready yet, I can't say for sure, especially since there is a keypad attachment for the sixaxis controller.



    The mouse will most definitely not work.
  • aslong as there usb..
  • No comments: