Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Will Yellow Dog Linux work for PS3 on a regular TV?

May be...
  • I want to get YDL for my 80 GB ps3, the brand new version of YDL, 6. something, but I dont have a flatsreen or plasma TV. I ask this because on the YDL site it says make sure you have componet or HDMI cables hooked up to your plasma or LCD TV. Componet Cables are the red, yellow, and white one that came with the system, correct? I have these hooked up to my regular TV, will Yellow Dog Linux work?
  • Red, yellow and white are composite, not component cables. YDL won't work on SDTV, but you can try other members of Linux family. PS3 supports them too. Besides, YDL isn't the best one. Try Ubuntu, for example.
  • No, those cables are not component.







    Red, White, Yellow = Composite



    Red, Blue, Green = Component



    Either it won't work on your TV or it won't look very good on your TV.
  • No comments: