Thursday, February 28, 2008

How do I Fix my PS2 memory card error?

May be...
  • Its a 64 mb MagicGate memory card that started out working fine. Now whenever i try to save somthing it gives me this error... "Save Failed. An error occured while saving game data to memory card (PS2) in MEMORY CARD SLOT 1"... and so on. It does the same thing in each MC slot so its not dirty. It ALLOWS me to load my previously saved games but CANNOT resave any of them. Ive started the Ps2 with NO CD in and when I select the memory card it pops up for half a second and then goes back to the select a card screen, so I CANNOT delete anything on the card or even look at the stuff saved. Is there anything i can do to save this card or is it garbage like everything else from Japan. HELP ME AND THANKS!!
  • Unfortunately you may have to get a new one. It sounds like the card may be damaged. I would contact Sony and see if they can help you. I don't know how old the card is but there's usually a 90 day manufacturers warranty on all consumer electronics. This shouldn't happen every other month, as it's an SCEA licensed product.



    MagicGate is a sony brand. Unless you are talking about Max, which is Datel. Either way, go to the manufacturer. Especially if you have 2 that have done the same thing. You will probably at the least get your money back. If you have the reciept you can probably still take it back to the store you bought it.



    Ebay auctions can count as viable reciepts to manufacturers if the item is listed as "new", if it's used or refurbished, then you're sol my friend. You'll probably have to buy another one. hopefully you can start your games from the saves you have, then resave them to a new memory card.



    It's not illegal to import, though you might have compatability issues. I don't know about that since I've never imported a memory card.
  • buy a new one lol
  • Some data has become corrupt. Place a small magnet on it for about 10 seconds. This will erase all of the data on the card. Be sure not to do it too long as it could damage the card.
  • No comments: