Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I have a wireless netgear but when i try to connect it to the ps3 it fails?

<p>May be...</p><li>the IP adrees fails and i want it wireless any ideas.<br>
thanks guys.<li>I had a similar problem when I set up my Netgear DG834GT router with my PS3. To solve the problem, I logged in to my router and switched off the wireless access control (not the firewall) feature. My PS3 was then able to get an IP address.<br>
<br>
Once my PS3 was talking to my router, I went back to the access control screens, added the MAC address of my PS3 (that was now in the devices list) and re-enabled access control. I have had no problems since. <br>
<br>
To switch off the wireless access control you can follow these steps (it may be slightly different in your case, but you should get the gist of it).<br>
- One the router menu, go to [wireless settings]<br>
- Make sure that the [enable wireless access point] checkbox is selected.<br>
- I also selected [allow broadcase of name/SSID], but this shouldn&#039;t be a requirement.<br>
- Check your security options. I am using WPA-PSK (WiFi Protected Access Pre-shared key)<br>
- Make a note of your PSK encryption key. Note that this key is case-sensitive.<br>
- Click on [Apply]<br>
- Click on the [setup access list] button<br>
- Make sure the [turn access control on] checkbox is not set. <br>
- Click [Apply]<br>
<br>
The PS3 was quite happy with the easy/default configuration options.<br>
<br>
The rest of this is optional, but is probably a good idea anyway...<br>
- You should see your PS3 in the &quot;Available Wireless Stations&quot; table (make sure it is switched on)<br>
- Its MAC address will look something like 00:1D:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE<br>
- Add the PS3 as a trusted wireless station<br>
- Enable access control<br>
<br>
You will hopefully now have a working system.<li>some netgear routers do not work with ps3 this happens to my netgear aswell. there is nothing e can do about it I would switch to belkin but they are hopeless! It really has pissed me off!

No comments: