Monday, March 24, 2008

PS3 GB information?

May be...
  • I bought a 40BG and when I looked when I got it the system said I had 37GB and now with saving one game I have I think 31GB left. Why does it take so much space for not really saving anything, and why did it start with 37GB instead of 40GB like it said it had?
  • The way that the GB is calculated, you always end up with less space than what it says. For instance, with my 8GB Ipod Touch even though I have a 8GB model, my total capacity is 7.27 GB.



    Also some of the hard drive space is used for the Operating System.
  • The PS3 uses some space for the operating system. Also maybe the game had an install which took up some space.
  • Yeah you have to take into consideration the operating system. Mine said the same thing. And the game that you have probably had to have a large install. Check the back of it and see system requirements.
  • I believe I have told you this before, when you get for this example a 40GB hard drive, some of that (usually about 7%) is used for programming and other software saving as well as 40 is a rounded number 37.xxx is usually the actual amount, but creators never want to use odd numbers, they want the number of GB to look more attractive. When it comes to your game saving, it depends on the game and how much information is being saved. Unless you're going to save every game for the rest of your life, you don't need to worry about that space disappearing.
  • Mine did that too. They just say 40gb to round up the number so they dont have to say 37GB PS3 because 40GB just sounds better and theres really no point in saying 37GB. Also it does take a chunk out of your memory when saving things but it will take alot to completely use up all your memory.
  • It used a lot of space in gb because like my ps3 I have 80gb and they use 20gb for backup in case of memory lost or damage.So now I have 60gb or 58 gb plus my games
  • You got taken.
  • No comments: