Friday, March 14, 2008

What's Wrong With My PS2?????

May be...
  • I try loading a Disk... and it says cannot read and the disk is Clean... every disk says that... and I tried getting the dust out and I did.... it didn't work.. please help me!
  • It means your ps2 has crashed. The same happened to me, however it was a slower process. First it stopped reading the games with a purple back. It was that way for about 2 years. Then last summer it just died completely. It would not read ANY disc. Instead of getting it fixed, I just bought a ps3. best decision I have ever made.
  • your PS2 must be a spoiled one. the person who selled it to u must have given a spoiled want to just for money. make a complain. my PSP was like that. the shopkeeper went to jail.
  • I think you need to clean the laser lens of your console,there are some special cleaning disks you can buy or u can clean them by yourself but u have to open your ps2.
  • which means ur game is broken.. try using game andsee from there



    If theres still problem



    GET a PS3
  • Sometimes I wonder why people try answering questions when they have no idea what they are talking about, does that really help any of us??? Sony put out I believe 9 series of ps2 systems. Unfortunately, the 3rd till about the 7th series all had disk drive problems. Not that they don't work, but they don't work for long. If you had one of the first models, they were ok, plus you could use their hard drive if the optical drive failed. If you have one of the newest ones they just put out, series 8 and 9, your ok there. Otherwise, your optical drive is bad and you might as well buy a new one. All of the bugs are worked out of the new drives. Nothing is wrong with your games or DVD's, its the optical drive.
  • Alrighty, this one is a no brainer, You either need to clen the lens on your playstation 2 or the disk itself is internally broken, hence the fact it looks clean and probably has no scratches but wont work, this is usually cause by to mcuh exposure to the sun or has been dropped in water or other chemicals as such, if it is many ps2 platform discs then im sprry to tell ya buddy, but your ps2 has crashed, time for a new one, or the elusive ps3, ciao, hope my answer was decent



    Bendog :P
  • It sounds like it is dirty inside. If you do not have an air compressor go buy some canned air and blow out the dust inside that has built up. Then try a DVD lens cleaner. They are only about $12.00 and work great. If that does not work you will have to open the system.



    The system is most likely out of warranty. Open the system, remove the tray cover and clean the lens with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. Do not move the lens or press it too hard.



    After this is done use a DVD lens cleaner once a month to keep it clean.



    I have done this to both of my sons systems numerous times and they work great. Their systems are 8 years old
  • No comments: