Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How do I get my PS3 to work on my non HDTV?

May be...
  • I've tried using the AV Cable from my PS2 and putting it in my PS3, but it didn't work.
  • Your AV cable from your PS2 or even PS1 (god forbid, that cable would be old) should work on your PS3. The only reason you would have a problem with getting them to work would be if you previously had the PS3 outputting video through an HDMI cable.. if that's the case read on. If not, make sure your tv is on the right input.



    If you had an HDMI cable and switched to composite (red yellow white) or maybe even component (red blue green) you'll need to reset the video settings. to do so, turn on your PS3, and press the I/O sensor on the console, and hold it until you hear 3 beeps. takes about 20 seconds. then fire it up and it should work. if that doesnt do it for you, i dont know. maybe you can provide more info?
  • what you need to do is go into display settings then video output settings then click component cable then make sure only the 480 standard box is checked then push right on the d pad then save the setting then u should be good. Hope it helps
  • It should work. If not, try the cables that came with the ps3.



    Check ps3 if it is used.



    Also did you check VIDEO 1 and such.
  • Love your avatar...where did you get it?

    Off subject I know...can't wait for Sept 7th!

    GO BEARS!!!!
  • check out this site, they give you a playstation 3 FOR FREE!! i got mine last week and i'm luuuuvin' it!
  • just use the cables that came with the PS3
  • No comments: