Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Is my PS3 bricked? Just wondering.

May be...
  • So, I just got version 2.42 on my PS3 last night or a couple nights ago, don't remember.



    Once it updated, I continued to play a game (Battlefield Bad Company). It worked fine, as always. I turned it off as normal (PS button, shutdown then once the power button is red hitting the switch in the back).



    I turned my Ps3 on today, and the screen stays at the blue wave screen, and it won't load for around 40seconds-1minute. Once it finally loads the XMB screen, and sign into my profile, it takes a while to load my friends, and the other buttons. It won't load the game I have in, I have to take it out and put it back in. After about 3 minutes it will load.



    Once I'm in-game it plays normal, until I hit the PS button to load the XMB screen, it won't load the buttons. Ever. It just doesn't (it shows the game button and the other buttons, but it won't load like my friends and stuff, or my messages/inbox). It gets worse, sadly. I can't close the XMB screen after that. When I hit the PS button again it closes the buttons and just shows a see-through black screen (I can see the game in the background, but can't select or do anything). All I can do is hold the PS button down so it shows the "turn off controller/system" etc commands.



    So, any ideas? I'm thinking about using the warranty and just getting a new one... But, before I do, is there anything else I can do? I don't really want to lose my saved games. :(



    Also, if I do trade it in, can I keep my profiles? And my online IDs?



    Thanks in advance. :]
  • If it's still under warranty get a new one or send it in, yes you can download all your stuff free again and keep your profile.
  • well I'm not sure what is wrong with it

    but I can assure you its not bricked

    if someone could write a code to brick a PS3

    then there would already be custom firmware and everything else

    but that just doesnt exist

    so for sure

    its not bricked

    but your PS3 may be experiencing problems from the update

    a lot of PS3 users have had problems lately after 2.40

    so it could be that..my advice is to wait until 2.43 or above comes out to update it again and see what happens then



    sorry I couldn't help more
  • no no no it is not bricked and is not broken this happens to me when im playing my ps3 the same time one of my family members is on the computer or downloading anything off the internet especially if my ps3 is on wireless so i would see if any of your family members are on the computer while you are playing your ps3 and if they are you will have that problem and also dont keep your ps3 wireless keep it on wired you will notice a big difference if its wired to the internet
  • No comments: