Thursday, October 30, 2008

PS3 hard drive question. . . ?

May be...
  • Ok, if I bought this external hard drive--> http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default... for my PS3, would I be able to store all my saved games on it? Please answer. thanks.
  • nope, it has to be an internal hd. you can only use external to save photos, music and videos but it will not be a default hd. Unless you wanna crack it open and get the hd from inside.
  • Hey. The only way to know is to actually hook it up to the ps3 system itself. I have 2 external wd hard drives and one works with it and one does not. Maybe you could contact the manufacturer and ask them of your concern.



    If you plan on upgrading your hard drive(internally), I would get a hard drive with the following specs:

    2.5 cm

    SATA

    running at 5400rpm(I would not recommend a higher or lower speed for the PS3)



    Good brands are: Maxtor and Seagate Brand
  • The PS3 requires a SATA 2.5" hard drive.



    Essentially just go look for a Laptop hard drive. 5200RPM. Do not get the 7200 because the PS3 is set up for the 5200.



    Also some people have said you don't wanna get one over 250 or 300 gigs.


  • i dont think so i think u need a normal hard drive (SATA 2.5)
  • No comments: