Friday, October 17, 2008

Should I buy the regular Ps2 or the Ps2 Slim?

May be...
  • What are the pro's and con's of them both?



    I know the Slim doesn't let you play online games like FF XI, I don't care for that function. Are there any tidbits like that? Like will it play psone games? Or does it use the same controllers, yada yada.



    And from your experience which of the two tend to overheat more?



    I appreciate your time :]
  • Personally, I prefer the old PS2. Even though it's bigger and bulkier, it's very reliable. The Slim tends to shut off at the slightest movement of the power cord, too... I learned that from experience. :/



    I'm pretty sure they both play PS1 games, and they definately have the same controllers. ...Same with memory cards, too. So, it's up to you which one you choose to buy. ^^
  • actually, one advantage of the regular PS2 is it has plenty of space inside the console for air circulation and prevent overheating. The slim versions are known for too much overheating that's why it's not recommended especially for those living in hot countries.

    Both can play PS1.
  • i would say save money and buy the ps3 really the ps2 now is a dead system the last good game for ps2 was bully yeah there is rockband and other ones that are good buy the graphics r nothing compared to the ps3 save money and buy the enw 160gb coming this nov16 2008
  • Personally I have the regular ps2 size, I've left it on for over 24 hours with no problems. I've heard the slim overheats more but Unless you plan on playing for a crazy amount of hours, I dont think it's an issue.
  • I have the original...it works great...I've heard that the slim doesn't work all the time.....or something like that
  • i said get the regular ps2.
  • Slims burn out fast. your best bet is the regular Ps2. it's a great console.
  • Go with the classic, Ps2 will never steer you wrong!
  • No comments: