Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Target's Ironman blu-ray special edition package recall?

May be...
  • So I bought the special Ironman blu-ray mask from target and the damn thing wont play. The second disk works just fine but the movie is wont load, just has the glowing chest piece from the suit sitting there taunting me. Now I hear that there was a recall last week and that the disks should have been corrected by the release date (today). I dont care about the mask any more, where can I get a version that works because I'm not going to get another copy from target.
  • This is an issue of Paramount having the disc contact their website to let them know that you are playing it....I think it is a viewer tracking program. So they can know the trends of people watching their movie or something. Anyway, right now, so many people are accessing their site for this reason, that is is swamped, running slow and/or crashed. As others have said, turn off any internet connectivity or you could always just go old school and unplug it from your network for now.

    To my understanding, this is the issue, and it should go away soon.



    People who don't have internet connected players are not experiencing this problem.
  • I have the same problem (I bought the 2-Disc edition that came with the mask as the case). The chest piece just sits there and flashes slowly on my PS3.



    As of today (Sept 30) around noon, Target didn't have any knowledge of a recall for this - it wasn't in their 'system'.



    Since the movie I had was opened, they could only exchange it for an exact copy until the recall - if there ever is an official one - hits their computers.



    I called Wal-Mart and they said they do have the non-mask 2-Disk Blu-Ray version. So I will be heading there today after work.
  • If you turn off BD-Live in the BD options menu on the PS3 it should work instantly. The reason it hangs is that waiting for BD-Live connection that it's not getting. Just answer "NO" when it asks you to connect to the internet and it should boot right into the movie options splash screen.
  • Its happen to me too. I bought mines from bestbuy. I ejected it from the PS3, then put it back on.1st, it kept going on n on for about 6mins and i ejected it. until the 2nd time, took at least 2mins and it worked. If it dosent work, then you should return it when target gets more in stock.
  • It's an issue with PS3 firmware. Sony should update soon and correct the problem, in the meantime go to your BD settings and disable the internet connection feature. Should bypass the flashing blue heart thing
  • Just leave it in your ps3 for a while then it will load. Happened to me yesterday. A pain in the *** bu tit works.
  • Yous should have gone to best buy.

    I got mine there.
  • No comments: