Saturday, November 22, 2008

PS3 Back-compatibility all ps3=back-comp. with firmware updates? Even new 160 Model?

May be...
  • I know that I'm getting a PS3 for Xmas, right? My mom asked me which one to get me. I want one that is back-compatible to at least PS2 games (MGS 2&3) I don't care about PS1, because I still have my PS1 (mod chipped it at age 6)



    Anyway through my research have found this:



    This says which consoles are back compatible.



    http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...





    THIS However, says that with Firmware updates, certain games can be played.

    (bottom of page, bottom of a few of the updates)

    http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/...





    So I'm trying to figure out if I should get an 80gb that is back compatible or to go for the new 160 Model uncharted bundle.



    Thanks.
  • The second article talks about how firmware updates have improved BC with PS3 models that were already capble of playing PS2 games. There aren't any more PS3's that can play PS2 games, not even the new ones. But I think you should get the 160gb Uncharted bundle. 160gb will be enough to last you for anything, and Uncharted is a very good game
  • Backwards compatibility, memory card readers, 4 USB ports PlayStation 3 systems:

    20GB (discontinued) [unrecommended]

    60GB (discontinued) [recommended, best PS3 system as of now]

    80GB (2007) (discontinued) [same as 60GB except not as much PS2 titles work on it].



    Non B/C, no memory card readers and only 2 USB ports PlayStation 3 systems:

    40GB (available)

    80GB (2008) (available)

    160GB (available)



    Meaning that there's a really slim chance (talking about 1% of chance) of you getting a first hand PS2 B/C PS3 system. You can always buy pre-owned and I highly recommend 60GB.
  • No comments: