Friday, November 14, 2008

Trouble getting PS3 online?

May be...
  • Hi,



    I don't have a router in my apartment, all I have is a switch. I realize I can't have the PS3 and computer online at the same time, but is there a way to even get my PS3 online. I thought plugging an ethernet cable from the PS3 into the wall would work. But it's not unless I am doing something wrong. If I plug my PC directly into the wall the internet works, so this isn't making much sense to me unless there is something in the PS3 I am doing wrong. I set it to wired connection in the PS3.



    Or do I have to have a router to get it online? Thanks.
  • im guessing your modem is in an external place of your apartment? if so, then it should work. If not then you need to get a modem.
  • If you have a modem you just need to plug the PS3 into it via the Ethernet cable. Why are you plugging the Ethernet cable from the PS3 into the wall?



    If I were you I would invest in a router. If you paid 400-500 bucks for a PS3 you may as well shell out 50 bucks for a nice router.



    Edit: Please tell me you don't have dial up? If you do then you cannot go online with your PS3. It's only capable of using a broadband connection.


  • OH CRY CRY
  • No comments: