Friday, December 26, 2008

Can anyone tell me how to fix my fat ps2 without opening it, it will not read Guitar hero World tour,?

May be...
  • I don't really want to get a new ps2.. but if i don't get an answer.. i will so please contact me when you can.
  • Wait! Dont buy a new one! If it's giving you a "Disc Read Error", or DRE as they are commonly known, there is a simple solution. Since you're dealing with a fat PS2, I assume you dont have a warranty to worry about anymore, so depending on which version of fat model you have, there are a couple differences in the placement of the screws for the casing, but it's all relatively the same. Flip the unit upside down, there should be about 4 holes with phillips #1 screws in them, and also the rubber bumpers that the unit sits on, some of those cover screw holes too. You'll have to take the rubber bumpers off. Once all the screws are out (man, it's been a while, but I think theres like, 6 or 8 maybe...) the case will split and come apart. Take it apart, and you'll see the disc reader device with the laser eye. I think this is attached with 2 or 4 tiny little screws, i think I normally used a knife or an eyeglass screwdriver to get these out, so you can access the laser eye. I would give a 95% chance that the eye is dirty. Use some clean alcohol and a couple q-tips, clean that eye, put it all back together and it'll read stuff again. I have had the same fat-body PS2 for like 8 years now and have had to clean the eye probably 4 or 5 times. First time I got a DRE, I freaked out too!
  • we tried rock band on a slim ps2, we were extremly disappointed toi find out that our ps2 will not read a dual layer disk, they do not tell you this on the box that only certain versions will work, im guessing that gh is the same problem. we took ours back and decided to wait until we get a ps3 or wii or xbox360 to buy it again. i searched the internet for a fix and came up with nothing the only solution is to buy asnother console that you know the game will for with for sure.
  • No comments: