Thursday, December 25, 2008

Playstation 3 question?

May be...
  • I just got a PS3 (yay)! It's an 80gb. I understand that the 80gb has software emulation and should play PS2 games. Whenever I put a PS2 game in it, it tells me that it isn't compatable. I am running the 2.53 software update. It is playing Playstation, the original, games. Why won't it play PS2 games? I tried Rock Band and GH3. Neither will play. Anybody else having this issue? Thanks for your answers and merry Christmas!
  • sadly they stopped giving the ability to play ps2 games, luckily i bought mine before they changed that so i still can. But as the guy says above i guess 60g still can. Have fun gaming!
  • some of them are

    Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation...

    then check your serial number, it might have ps2 compatibility, but the most compatible versions are the original 60gb ps3 with ps2 and ps1 support.

    Happy X-mas/ Happy Holidays

    Ματθαιος
  • no. it only works on 60GB models. only ps1 games will work on yours. SORRY BOSS
  • Same problem as me.
  • No comments: