Thursday, January 22, 2009

Installing Linux in a Playstation 3?

May be...
  • I am curious as to what benefits there could be from installing Linux into my PS3. I am unfamiliar with Linux and have no idea where to find it or how to install it into the PS3, but I am interested in knowing more. Have you done this yourself? What would the point be? What can I do with Linux installed that I can't now? Where can I find information about acquiring Linux and installing it into the PS3?
  • You'll get another home computer, Linux is an open source OS, tons of programs. You won't be able to launch hardware accelerated games from Linux on PS3, though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_P...
  • What is Linux? If it something with doing stuff as changing your ps3,, i guess not, It might bricked your ps3, and void a warranty if you have one.

    EDIT::

    I found a website where you can do it, but it risky though

    But you need a usb ouse and keybaord. BTW

    here you go with the link http://www.ehow.com/how_4543499_install-...
  • No comments: