Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My PS3 has all its wires plugged in but its not working!?!?! Help!?!?!?

May be...
  • My brother just got a new PS3 because his old one broke... He had it on an HDTV originally and he left it here because his roommate has one... He let me borrow it and today I tried to set it up... I plugged in the power cord and the RCA cable's in the right spots (non-HD ones) and it won't work on any TV in my house! It turns on but nothing will show up on the screen. I was thinking one thing... My brother turned the HD settings on for his PS3 that way it would look better and I was wondering if that might be why its not working on the TVs in the house (non-HD TVs)... If so can I change it on this TV if i can't I could always go to my buds house who has an HD TV... Please help!
  • Turn the PS3 on, and then press and hold the power button for about 8-10 seconds and it should beep a couple times, then turn it back on.



    This basically resets the PS3's video outputs to the basic composite standard.
  • You are correct with the HD settings being on, with these settings being used on the PlayStation 3 the console doesn't display a picture because it trying to display to a cable which isn't plugged in. to resolve this just turn the PlayStation 3 on and immediately hold you finger once it starts on the power button for 5-10 seconds. You should hear 3 beeps from the console and then it will restart. Once it restarts it will display picture on your television because the display settings have been reset to what your TV requires.
  • just press and hold the power button for 10 sec. when it turns back on it should be ok (Video setting will reset to standard).
  • lol the old one broke? you just have bad luck with ps3's
  • No comments: