Friday, January 30, 2009

Which one: Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band (One)?

May be...
  • Hey guys,

    it's my birthday soon and I was just wondering which one of the two should I get? A lot of people are saying Rock Band, but I want your opinion. Many thanks,

    Josh.



    P.s. whichever one I get, it will be the bundled version, and both are similarly priced.
  • If you have a PS3, don't buy RB1! Not that it is not a good game, but if you get RB2, you can download all the songs from RB1 for $5! Just borrow or rent RB1, pay the $5 and all the songs are transferred into your hard drive and RB2.



    Personally, I went with GH:WT for the extra drum pad. I like having the two cymbals as opposed to just four pads. Then I bought RB2, ran a quick update on the game and now play both on the same instruments.



    If you have to get only one, I think RB is more fun just because of the way it handles touring. In GH:WT you just play a set of 3 to 6 songs and then move to the next block of songs. In RB2 you move from city to city, each with a few different venues, trying to get more fans. money and stars. You even can set your own set list for a show and it helps progress your band. It makes it a lot more fun and feels like you are actually moving forward instead of just unlocking another few songs.



    That said, If you plan on picking up the other game later on down the road, get GH:WT, then get RB2. The extra cymbol really does make a difference and the game is still awesome to play. Both are a lot of fun, so you won't be disappointed either way!
  • No comments: