Friday, February 13, 2009

Anybody good with PS3 and HDTV?

May be...
  • I have a PS3 hooked up to my Sony Bravia XBR-5 via HDMI. My issue is when I watch Blu Rays on my TV the dialogue is super low and action sequences are VERY LOUD. I tried correcting this problem by changing my audio output to only two channels, and turning dynamic control on. However, when I push display while playing a Blu Ray it seems the source material is in Dolby 5.1 so it overrides my stereo settings so to speak. Do I just have to live with this issue till I get a 5 speak sound system? Is it normal to have a contrast in spoken dialogue and action sequences? Please offer solutions, and answers to my concern. Thank you very much.
  • It's the same in every movie dude quite annoying too, if you press triangle when your watching a blu ray & go to a volume icon you can adjust sound in there,try turning the bass down on your tv as well.



    Good luck.
  • switch the audio settings (on your PS3) to dolby 5.1 and dolby digital even if you only have 2 channels on your HDTV. the HDTV will take care of blending the audio to give a balanced mix of vocals and other sound effects.
  • No comments: