Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm getting a Sony 52'' HDTV soon, and I need some help...?

May be...
  • Well, I'm getting a Sony 52'' HDTV, as you already know, and I'm gonna use the HDTV, mostly for gaming on my Playstation 3. Well, the TV I'm using now, is not HD, and I need to know how to switch my Playstation 3 to use it.



    Whenever I switch my Playstation 3 over to HD, how do I switch it, and what will that do?

    Do I need to copy my game save data, onto something?

    When I switch it over, will it delete my data, and stuff?





    Or, do I go into:

    1. Settings

    2. Display Settings

    If this is the right way, tell me where to go from here.
  • You'll need a HDMI cable to connect to your PS3



    Then go:

    Settings>Display Settings>Output Settings



    Basically change the output to HDMI, then the screen should go blank. Wait a while, reset your PS3 and go to your HDMI output channel on your TV. It will tell you if you want to keep the resolution settings. Choose 'yes' and you have HD gameplay.
  • i own a playstation 3, but if you get a new tv, you will need to get the Component cables or the higher definition hdmi cable, after you get one of the 2 you go to 1. display settings 2. video output settings press (1.Component if you have the green,red,blue cables) or (2. if you got the hdmi cable) then press change.
  • You can change it in settings if you want but you can let the PS3 do it for you as well.



    Plug the PS3 into the HDTV via the HDMI cable. plug in the PS3 so that the red light on the front is on. Then hold down the power button on the front until the PS3 beeps a few times. After the PS3 beeps it will reset itself to the current TV settings.



    You will not need to delete anything.
  • display settings, but im pretty sure PS3 is already HD so you have to do nothing, just use good cables to connect to the TV, like HD cables.
  • you need to purchase a hdmi or component cable
  • i dont own a ps3...xbox for life...but i can guaratee you that you wont have to delete anything...its just a matter of the settings beeign changed...good luck and sorry i cant help more
  • No comments: