Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PS3 Won't Display On My T.V.?

May be...
  • My Playstation 3 will not show up on my T.V. I have a Sony Bravia XBR 3. I use an HDMI cord for my gaming/Blu-ray. I tried using the standard cables and it still didn't work. My XBOX will work with the same HDMI cord and in the same HDMI input on my T.V.



    I was downloading the (2.60?) update last night, and I have no idea if it installed because I forgot about it. I went to use it today and the PS3 was turned off. I turned it on, and nothing showed up on my screen. I've tried the reset trick, and it still didn't work. Is it possible that my PS3 hard drive is corrupt from not being able to install the update? I did buy the insurance on it though; so I could just send it in. Help would be very much appreciated.
  • Unfortunately,yes you will lose all info because you can't see the files in the system and download them to a thumb drive for transfer(i've done this before and yes it works).



    It sucks, you may have to turn it in, the only thing I can offer is maybe try a component cable instead of a composite or HDMI cable. As far as I know the PS3 only has one issue and that is caused by turning it off with the switch in the back without already putting the system on standby(turn off with controller), and that problem kills the Disk drive.



    Otherwise, get out your receipt and return the bad-boy in for a new one. If its over a year since purchase you have to go through the retailer's warranty, SONY expires after a year.
  • so what is the problem? not displaying on Tv or corrupt hard drive or the update not installed or if you can send your PS3 back or not? When asking questions, make a point. Don't tell mixed stories.
  • Try the recovery menu, google it one of the options reinstalls the firmware again.
  • send it to sony theyll replace it
  • NO
  • No comments: