Monday, February 16, 2009

Why won't the Motorola H500 headset work with the 80GB PS3?

May be...
  • I have a Motorola H500 headset. It worked fine with my old 20GB PS3. I recently got the 80GB PS3 and the headset won't work. It pairs fine, and the blue light on the headset blinks every few seconds indicating it is paired. I can pair it with my cell phone and it works perfectly! But with the PS3 when I play online I neither hear anyone through the headset nor I can speak. Please help!
  • I have the same headset. For some reason, I do this and the headset works perfectly.



    Go to the Audio Device Settings, set the input device to "Do Not Use" and set it back to "Motorola H500." It should work. I don't know why it fixes it but it does for me.
  • From what I've learned, Motorola headsets have issues working with any PS3. You may find a temporary fix but I'd honestly suggest spending the extra money on the sony brand ps3 headset.
  • No comments: