Sunday, March 1, 2009

My ps3 is sending out wireless signals?

May be...
  • ok, my ps3 is sending out wireless signals when its in stand-by mode. My ipod and my computer detect this signal as PS3xxxxxxx (x's are numbers) I havent set a password for anything so im wondering if anyone would know how i would connect to this signal. The signal strength its putting out is pretty good to.
  • Those are for remote play if you have a psp. You can remotely turn it on with the psp and that's why it send out those signals. If you disable the option to remotely turn it on, then it will no longer send out those wireless signals.
  • I don't think it's sending out wireless signals; if it actually is, then you should get it checked as others may be able to access your information freely.



    I think the PS3xxxxxxxx signal appearing on your computer/iPod means that the PS3 is a source that is ACCESSING your current wireless web signal.
  • It works like a normal Wi-Fi signal. You still need to put in your password to use it.
  • No comments: