Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What PS3 hard drive should I get?

May be...
  • I'm out of storage space on my 40GB PS3 and I want to get a new internal hard drive. I'm going to backup my data on external storage. Then I'm going to put a new hard drive in but I don't know what kind. Can someone give me a link to the right kind of internal hard drive. I would like it to be under 150$ and around 200-500 GB. Preferably a link to a harddrive on Bestbuy.com
  • The new drive needs to be a 2.5" SATA (sometimes called Serial ATA) 5400rpm drive. These types of hard drives are common in laptop computers. Note that you could get a 7200 rpm drive but it would mostly be a waste of money in a PS3. I would get the biggest drive, in term of gigabytes, that my budget would allow.



    I have a Hitachi 250gb drive in mine that I bought at Best Buy. It formatted out to 232gb and I've already used almost 70gb with game installs, saves, and downloads from the PS Store. If you can get something even bigger ... go for it.



    Check You Tube if you need help or instruction with the swap. It's really easy. Be sure and use a quality, well fitting, screwdriver when you do it. In my opinion the cheap eyeglass screwdrivers most of the videos show being used are junk. I bought a set of electronics screwdrivers from Radio Shack for about $6 that worked really well.
  • 40gb is too small, trust me.



    I have an 80gb and it suits me just fine, I have loads of videos, demos, and songs.



    80+ for sure. XD
  • As long as you get a laptop hard drive then it doesn't matter. I would say anything bigger then 100GB is more then enough, unless your putting your entire music collection on your PS3.
  • get one as big as possible
  • 80 is optimum /you will never fill it up full.for your entire life..............
  • uhh 250
  • No comments: