Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What router should I buy for my PlayStation 3?

May be...
  • Please help me. I don't own a router, but I plan on buying one to set up my PlayStation 3 internet. I have one computer and it is at most 15ft. away from my PlayStation 3 through a wall. I do not plan on setting up any other computers or anything to the network, just my PS3. What router should I buy so I can share my PC and PS3 connection?
  • I suggest a 2wire just because of the ease of compatibility with the PS3. I got one for free from the phone company for the DSL, it never drops a connection with the Media Sharing, we stream movies and music all of the time. I have a Linksys connected via hard wire to the 2wire just to offer more hard wire ports. I would recommend the Linksys, as a second choice,but it does present some level of difficulty as far as connectivity to the media sharing. The media sharing drops from the network quiet often with this router, or at least it use to, this may have been fixed in a patch update. I have also set up ps3 with both DLink and Netgear routers. I would not recommend the Netgear, because it is not easy to set up for the novice user, plus my experience is that it seems relatively slower. The Dlink is not bad, but doesn't have the best range, if you are connecting wirelessly. Sense you can't buy the 2wire just anywhere, I would suggest the the Linksys over the other two DLink and Netgear. It is the easiest of the three two set up, and if you have to call tech support, you will NOT find a better company to deal with. (Cisco) Linksys is by far the nicest and most helpful company I have ever dealt with, they have knowledge and experience.
  • Any wireless G or N router. Make sure that the router is placed in the same room as your PS3 not with PC because you need more solid and stable signal on online gaming than web surfing. If you put the router where your PC is, you will have lots of lags in your online game.
  • I have the NETGEAR- N2 Router, I have 2 playstation 3's and 2 laptops that go on it, all at the same time wirelessly, and it has great connection, never gets dropped, and doesnt lag. costs maybe about 89.99
  • http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...



    this is a great one a dynex G router I run 2 playstation 3s and my xbox 360 and our Itouch off it the setup is easy to ...good luck
  • The Belkin N1 is very good for gaming.
  • 2WIRE is a great router
  • Linksys and Speed Touch r the best
  • any N1 or higher will do the job
  • No comments: