Sunday, April 26, 2009

How do I Connect my PS3 to my laptop with a HDMI Cable?

May be...
  • I have a Dell 1525 and it has a plug in for a hdmi in-put. so i tried to plug the cord in from my ps3 to my laptop and nothing happened. I tried to go on settings to see if i could get it but nothing happened. Can you help me out ?
  • The HDMI port on your laptop is an OUTPUT, not an input. You can not use your laptop as a monitor. You can hook the laptop up to the TV and view your laptop screen on a TV (that is what the HDMI output does). The only way to view the PS3 on a laptop is to use a VGA cable. You can get RCA to VGA cables, but you will then need double female connectors to connect the PS3 composite (or component) cables to the RCA end of the RCA to VGA cable. Double female RCA adapters can be found at most electronic stores like Best Buy or Radio Shack, the RCA to VGA cable will probably have to be bought online ( http://www.projectorsuperstore.com/produ... ).
  • You really don't won't to go the VGA route, the quality will be aweful. Unless you're already playing on a low-end TV there's no point. Report Abuse
  • Call PS3 - they will walk you through the set up
  • No comments: