Saturday, April 25, 2009

How to know if the PS3 they sell is used and refurbished?

May be...
  • I'm buying a 160gb PS3 tomorrow and I'm worried that they will give me a used one. It is priced at $430. I heard that GameStop sells used systems. I found another electronics shop. Is there any "seal" outside the box that tells me "I'm brand new!" or something like that? How to determine without opening the box? Thanks! I'm very worried that they will lie to me.
  • Well its a circle like tape on the outside of the box I believe (its been a while since I opened my PS3), but when you open it the PS3 should be inside a static like foam, and there is foam on the sides to hold it in position in the box so its not damaged. And all the stuff inside is sealed, Cables have the twists on them also. But when you plug system up, if it goes straight into the XMB menu then its refurb and might still have info on it. It shouldn't have ANY marks on the system until you take it out the lil sleeve thing. It should come up with a black screen asking you to plug in controller to continue, etc. for setup. Because the 160GB is retailed at $500
  • buy it and if you see like the box is a little beat up return it.

    if the circle sticker is cut or looks replaced return it.

    if the box and everything looks like perfect condition open it carefully open it and install it and check to see if it has a user already made, if there is an existing user then it is used.

    i dont know what else to say just good luck and get gaming.
  • No comments: