Sunday, June 14, 2009

How do I get my PS3 to work?

May be...
  • My PS3 was working fine on my HD TV, but now I've tried to move it to another TV that doesn't have HD and it won't work...It's all plugged in with the correct working cables but nothing is appearing on the screen....



    Any troubleshooting ideas?

    Thanks!
  • Easy fix ! You just need to reset your video settings !



    1. While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button on the front of the system until the PLAYSTATION 3 beeps twice (approximately 5 seconds), then release it.



    2. The PLAYSTATION 3 will power up, the Video Output Settings will automatically reset to the standard resolution (or detect the current display output settings of your TV/monitor).





    You can also do this manually !



    In the XMB home menu, go to Settings icon (Settings) > [Display Settings] icon and press the "X" button icon button.



    Highlight [Video Output Settings] and press the "X" button icon button.



    Select the appropriate connector type you are using for your TV (i.e., HDMI, AV Multi, etc.) and press the "X" button icon button.



    Good luck !
  • I had the same problem, and I know how annoying it can be!

    There two ways that I know how to fix it:



    1. I tried this one, and wasted my money.

    I originally had a standard cord, so I bought a HD cord.

    This worked, but it soon decided to kill itself again.



    2. I plugged it in after it died again, to my HD tv, and got angry, I held down the power button because it was annoying the crap outta me, and viola! I heard an annoying beeping sound and then it turned on... I was like.. WTF. But YAY at the same time haha.



    So basically, you need cord that will work on the tv you are trying to use it on (standard cord, for a standard tv, because your most likely using a HD cord) OR you need to plug it in, and then hold down the power button until it beeps. :)



    I hope that helps ^^
  • You are probably using an HD cable for the ps3 in a normal tv. If the tv is not HD then you have to use a normal cable, not an HD cable.



    That's why nothing is appearing on screen.
  • go back to the hd tv make sure the Standard cables and the hdmi cable is in.

    go to video settings change them back to the red white and yellow cables and then it will work again with the Standard tv :)
  • When switching from High definition to standard definition, turn on your ps3 but keep holding the power button down until you hear a beep this will allow you to play in standard definition.



    hope this helps. :)
  • You have to go into the PS3 settings menu and tell your PS3 that it is connected to standard def TV:)
  • No comments: