Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Playstation 3 heating up?

May be...
  • so i was playing cod: waw with my friends and it shut off and wont turn back on for a min or so...should i consider getting a Nyko - Intercooler TS for PlayStation 3 to help cool it off when im playing? i got the ps3 when they first came out and this never happened before...



    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...
  • I heard bad stuff about this thing...



    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
  • I wouldn't touch anything from Nyko or the Intercooler brand.

    That link doesn't explain it very well, but you'd be best off to find a cooler with its own power source, instead of sapping power from the system. However small, it could potentially short-circuit your PS3.



    I would recommend the Pelican cooler, they sell it at most Gamestops last time I checked. It has its own power supply and all that good stuff.
  • That's the same thing that happened to me too!

    I was playing COD5 with my friends but, when I turned off my PS3 and turned it back on it wouldn't play the game. So I think you should get the Intercooler Ts for your PS3. It should probably work the next week if you keep it in there. And if it doesn't, its probably how much gb you have.

    Hope this helps!
  • I wouldn't recommend it I had the first nyko design (that brought the power button to the front of the console) gave me more problems on the PS3. get a house fan and point it at a angle where you think air can circulate next to the PS3
  • The cooler doesn't help unless you want more damage. The cool er frys another piece in the ps3
  • No comments: