Friday, July 31, 2009

Can you play SOCOM PS2 games online on the PS3?

May be...
  • I wanted to know since I wanted to buy a couple of the ps2 socoms to play on my PS3 since I have the 60gb that has backwards compatibility.
  • No Network CD is needed to play SOCOM Ps2 titles on the Ps3 because your network is already set-up on the PS3. What you will need though is the System Game data from the PSN if you plan on Downloading the maps from SOCOM 3/CA. Just search it in the PSN. after that everything should be good.
  • Don't listen to the people above.



    You can play PS2 games on the PS3 online as long as you have the Network Set-up CD. You could try finding one on ebay or something. Or you could get one of the old Socom games on PS2. They have the set-up included on the disk and it will allow you to play using the PS3.



    I'm not sure all Socom games have the set-up on them. But I know for certain the Socom 3 has. I have done it myself. Just go to online section and it will say we will need to set-up your connection or something like that. It works. Trust me.
  • I think that you can't play any ps2 games online on ps3, i have tried and i didn't have any luck.
  • Yes, as long as the servers for the game are still up.
  • no you can't ps2 games can't get online for ps3.
  • No comments: