Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is the 160GB model of the PS3 reverse compatible with PS2 games?

May be...
  • I have the 160GB PS3 model and downloaded the PS2 software program from the PlayStation Store but when I tried to play a PS2 game it said that the software wasn't supported.



    I noticed there is an area in system settings for formatting the hard disk, which of course would erase all my current save data. So is that the solution to the PS2 software issue? That I haven't formatted a utility space for it, or is the 160GB model just unable to play PS2 games.



    Note: If it IS the formatting issue, how would I back up my data? Using a memory stick?
  • sorry to tell you this but you wasted all that time for nothing, the 160 gig cant play ps2 games only the 20,60,old 80 gigs can
  • It won't play them period. There is nothing you can do right now.
  • No comments: