Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hey my ps3 broke an i went to put my hard drive in my friends PS3 but...?

May be...
  • it says i have to reformat it but the way we even out our hard drives in are diffrent on our systems could his PS3 for any reason be doin it

    an it wasnt just the hard drive in my PS3 when it broke my other one wouldnt either our hard drives are seagate mine

    hitachi his

    both came with the PS3 I need help
  • PS3 hard drives are locked to the console that they were originally formatted in (by serial number). You can't just move it from system to system like you can a 360 hard drive.
  • Your grammar and the way you phrased your words heavily confused me but I think that I know your problem.



    When your PS3 hard drive is put into another PS3 (20,40,60,80,120GB - it doesn't matter, if it's different) then on the other PS3 it will ask to format your HDD.

    So there's no point trying, but since your PS3 has broken, there's small chance of you getting your saves back anyway.
  • No comments: