Thursday, July 31, 2008

For online games on the Ps3 do you need a headset to talk and hear others talking?

May be...
  • Also Do other people talking come out of the headset? can you get it out of the tv too? How much for headset and where can i buy it? Is it worth the price?



    So sorry for so many questions!
  • Yes, you need a headset to talk to others while playing online on the ps3, but you don't need one to hear others talking. If someone else is talking on the headset, you can here them on your tv. If you have a headset on you, you can talk to other players, and you can hear them on your headset or on your tv. To be exact you need a bluetooth headset and it doesn't matter which model you use. You can find them anywhere like a verizon store, online, at walmart, and there is also a ps3 game called warhawk that came with a jabra bluetooth headset. Bluetooth headsets usually range about $40-50. But if you can find the warhawk game that comes with the bluetooth in store or online, i would take that deal. The game cost around $60 or even cheaper, but you also get a bluetooth headset and save money. Beware though because some stores sell the warhawk game alone without the bluetooth headset. I'd try to find the warhawk game with the headsert if i were you.
  • If you have a blue tooth headset then all you have to do is set it up quite simple actually and you can hear and talk into it. If you dont have blue tooth i have seen them on ebay for around 25 to 30 dollars but any kind will work I just use the one thats with my cell phone. I think there is a setting that you can hear it on the TV at least during set up the sound came through. I have no idea if that would work on a game or not
  • You'll hear people through the TV if you don't have a headset. You can get cheap blutooth headsets for as low as $25 at Best Buy, but I would get something a little better than the cheapo ones. I have a couple different headsets (my wife and I both use blu tooth phones) but for the price and sound quality I like my Mototrola H350. It was $45. My wife bought a Jawbone or something like that for over $100 and I think it sucks.



    You can use USB headsets as well, but once you go wireless there's no going back (at least for me and the people I know).



    Another option, if you're going to but one for games or video chat anyway, is to use the PlayStationEye as a mic. Nothing sitting on your head, the sound quality (for those listening to you) is very good, and just like if you had no mic at all, the sound would come out through your TV.



    Personally I would go with a blutooth headset in the $50 range.
  • Yeah, If you have a headset with you can hear through the hearing part or the TV.

    You can buy them at your local game store, i got mine for about 40 bucks but it broke.. getting a new one tonight.
  • Yep you can buy it. And, it works to hear the people talking and you can talk to them too.
  • No comments: