Saturday, September 20, 2008

Should I get a bigger PS3 Hard Drive?Read Details.?

May be...
  • I took a look at the memory that I had left and it said 53gb left.I have the old 80gb.Do you think I should Upgrade to a bigger Hard Drive or keep it.I plan on getting GH4 and that will take up a lot of memory I know.Also what is an external drive that the PS3 wood recognize to back up my utility.It is hooked up online so if i replaced the Hard Drive wood it lose the connection or keep connected to it.I've seen videos of switching it out and is it hard or easy to do?THNX
  • I would go ahead and switch them out, the majority of your space will be taken up by "Game Date Utility", this is where the game keeps its updates and things that are needed on your hard drive. some data utilities can be as big as 5 gigs, adn if you plan on getting loads of games then that will really add up.





    you will not lose any of your online things because that is integrated into the playstation network, not your hard drive.



    any external hard drive or flash drive should work.



    it is really easy to replace just watch youtube videos and you will see,



    make sure that the hard drive you get is:



    2.5" SATA

    5400rpm



    i recommend trying amazon.com. they have a great selection of hard drives.
  • If you are only using your hard drive for games then 53gb is plenty. I upgraded mine to 250gb because I put movies in my PS3 but 53gb is a lot of space for games and could hold about 10 movies.
  • 53gb is PLENTY



    GH4 will take no more than 2mb



    so the answer is no



    unlike someone like me who has a big collection of games will need to upgrade to a bigger HDD which i am going to do tomorrow
  • No comments: