Thursday, October 16, 2008

How to fix ps3 error 80023017. any help appreciated. ?

May be...
  • well i just downloaded the firmware update 2.50 for my ps3. now today i try to play warhawk and this error message pops up. to top it all of i try to get into the ps store and the same error message pops up but i was able to log into my psn account. If any one has a solution it would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • I just got off the phone with Sony customer service and it has nothing to do with the update. There's so many people trying to download SOCOM right now that it's overloaded the Sony servers. Try in a few hours and you may have better luck.
  • I'm so pissed off at my ps3 - it never allows me to download a game update on the first try. Right now I'm dealing with trying to play a new game I bought yesterday and it won't let me play till I update it to 1.05 or some crap. It won't update so I can't play my new game. WTF Sony??!! This is b.s.! Report Abuse
  • Im also having the same problem. When I try to play warhawk it says there is an error called 80023017. I really want to download the motorstorm pacific rift demo but when I click on the playstation store icon, the same error pops up. However, Im logged into my psn account.

    Update: I tried to login into the playstation store on my psp and the same error (80023017) popped up.
  • Yea the error message 80023017 is the one they throw up when Sony is preforming maintenance on something that is PSN related. It happened a couple of months ago too when they were redesigning the Playstation Store. So don't worry it has nothing to do with your system, and it will probably be back up in a couple of hours.
  • I was looking for an answer for this error as well. I'm relieved to hear that is either PSN is undergoing maintenance or that the servers are overloaded. I thought for a minute there that I had updated my system incorrectly. I will keep trying tomorrow. The date and time now is octobe 16, 2008, 7:15 pm EST
  • Yeah Warhawk doesn't work for me sometimes since the update. Just wait a little while, maybe a day or two, then it should be back up. It's been going on and off.



    Same for PlayStation Store. Most everyone has this problem.
  • it's 6:27 eastern time and I'm getting the same error. Looks the the majority of the internet has come to the conclusion that this is a PSN problem/update.



    UPDATE!!!!!! IT IS NOW 7:30 AND THE psn IS BACK UP!!!!! ALL IS WELL :)
  • Chill out and go outside. Don't reset anything. It is Playstations problem. They are working on the store. Should be fixed soon. In the mean while, enjoy the outdoors, or order a pizza and relax.
  • IT'S A CONNECTION PROBLEM TO THE INTERNET NOT FIRMWARE UPDATE RELATED. POWER DOWN AND POWER BACK UP YOUR ROUTER TO RESET IT. THEN TRY AGAIN.
  • im having the same problem im not sure what the thing about the update is but i just need a diffrent answer and the date right now is october 16th 2008
  • I just spent $500 on a PS3 and socom and I get this error message. I can't even sign up for PSN. .......?
  • Ya I just bought the ps3 and wanted to play socom and now im sitting here staring at my tv. REDICULOUS
  • No comments: