Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another PS3 Question?

May be...
  • Aloha everybody,



    I just got an 80GB ps3 and was wondering, is there a way I can play online AND go on the internet (w/my computer) at the same time? I have an Ethernet cable going to my ps3 and another one to my computer. Everytime I play online ps3, I have to plug in the cable. or if I go on the internet i have to unplug the ps3 cable and put in the computer cable. Is there a ethernet cable splitter or something similar (or better) that i would be able to use? Oh, and I don't want to use a wireless router. Is there a cable router? If so, what's a good one and will it slow my internet speed if i am also playing online? Thanks



    10 points to the best answer :)
  • To play ps3 online and use the pc internet, u'll need a modem router( modem routers are less hassel than a regular router) will be tricky to get hold of a non wifi one tho these days. routers do split the internet speed but its not so noticeable unless one is watching movies online and play online with ps3 at the same time..things start to lagg.

    Netgear is a good router make in the UK, this one can supply internet to 4 computers(wired).http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/p...
  • No comments: