Thursday, February 26, 2009

My PSP screen won't work?

May be...
  • I tried to play a game this morning, and I try to turn it on, and it turns on, I can hear sound and everything, but I can not get a picture, I have tried taking out the battery, the UMD and the memory stick. I've turned it on and off repeatedly and a couple times I have gotten a patchy colored screen, and once I have gotten a full screen but with a gray line across the top, the rest are blank. I have searched up tons of stuff on this already, and I do not believe I need to replace the screen, because it keeps showing up with little patches of color here and there.



    My PSP has been dropped twice, once on grass, and the other on carpet. So that barely matters... Do I need to contact Sony, or do I need to do something else???



    Thanks in advance.
  • Regrettably I think you've broken your PSP. The fact that you're getting intermittent display points to a broken connection between the PSP and its screen.



    If you have a 'slim' PSP you should be able to connect it to your TV - that will at least confirm that the PSP is working. Anyway, this isn't something you want to try to fix yourself - the PSP is very fiddly inside.



    Send it to Sony would be my advice.
  • No comments: