Wednesday, February 11, 2009

NTSC/J PS3 Region 1 Games?

May be...
  • I have a NTSC/J PS3 and the games I have are Mercenaries 2, Dead Space, and Grand Theft Auto IV where GTA IV is region 2 while both Mercenaries 2 and Dead Space are region 3. I was wondering if my PS3 can play a Region 1 game. I did just hear that PS3 game's are region free though I'm not really sure if it will work.



    I live in the Philippines, Baguio City and I'm using an HDTV with an HD Cable. Mentioning the HD since I though I heard something from the person in the Game shop I just went to about HDTV's. I'm doubting the game (which is Far Cry 2) will work though since I heard from that same person that some PS3's might not play some games depending on the region.
  • Yes, all PS3 games are region free with just one exception: EA's Army of Two. That game was locked out for very specific reasons, to do with censorship laws and network play issues.



    Other than that one game (Army of Two), any PS3 console can play any PS3 game from any region.
  • No comments: